…It’s a known fact. We absorb 80% of what we put on our skin. Here is another fact: the average woman uses 12 cosmetic products a day. Many of those products are reapplied throughout the day, creating and building quite a daily dose of a chemical cocktail. We ingest an average of 4 pounds of lipstick in a lifetime! Over the years, this can take a toll on your health and environment.
Trust me, we don’t want to send anyone into a panic over a simple lipstick application. It is only lipstick. What you can do is start making a difference now. W3LL PEOPLE offers these simple solutions:
- As you run out of your current conventional cosmetic, replace it with toxin free choices
- Learn to read labels. If the first 5 ingredients are not natural, or pronounceable, the chances of the product being skin safe are slim.
- Say no to artificial fragrance. Artificial fragrances, which frequently contain phthalates, can also trigger allergic reactions and other health problems.
- Avoid petrochemicals. A nonrenewable and environmentally unfriendly resource, petroleum barely belongs in your car, let alone on your skin. Identify it on labels as petrolatum, mineral oil, and paraffin.
- Say no to parabens. Parabens can mimic the hormone estrogen, which is known to play a role in the development of breast cancers.
- Choose recyclable packaging. You are doing our planet a big favor here.
W3LL PEOPLE is happy to help green you make up bag and the environment with our toxin free, eco-beauty choices. Our goodness is a click, call or visit away